It’s Time for A Spring Cleanse?
Does this sound like you?
Spring is a great time for a good clean-up, not only of your house and garage but also your own body. With the season changing and the end of the year fast approaching, take this time to think about how you are feeling.
Do you feel less healthy and energetic than other people your age? Do you often have difficulty thinking clearly? Do you get sick often? Do you often feel tired, sluggish and flat? Do you have digestive disturances (wind, bloating, flatulence, constipation, heart burn)? Do you have bad breath or body odour? Do you eat junk food, drink alcohol or make poor lifestyle choices?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you may be in need of a Spring Cleanse. These are the types of symptoms you may experience when many of the toxic substances you have been exposed to have accumulated within your body, leaving you feeling less than your best. We can assess the level of toxicity in your system by analysing the level of healthy and unhealthy bugs living in your gut using the Bowel Toxicity Test. We can recommend a safe and professional detoxification program to improve the way your body elimates waste products and to restore your health and vitality.
Toxin Exposure – A Reality of Modern Life
Toxin exposure is seemingly unavoidable in our modern world. Every day we are exposed to toxins like heavy metals, pesticides, chemicals, food additives and pollutants, which are present in the air, water and food that we consume. Toxins do not only come from our external environment; toxins can also be generated internally be “unfriendly” bacteria, yeasts and parisites in our digestive systems.
Your body has numerous mechanisms to help eliminate all these toxins, but these detoxification pathways can become overwhelmed if you produce, consume or absorb more toxins than you can easily clear. A professional detoxification program supports toxin clearance through these pathways, leaving you feeling healthy and energetic.
Spring Cleanse with a Safe and Effective Detoxification Program
Detoxifiying is serious business and your safety and comfort during detoxification is important to us. Undergoing the wrong type of detox for your individual needs can leave you feeling sick and tired. You should not attempt a detoxification program without the guidance and support of a trained healthcare Practitioner.
The natural supplements used in this program support your body by allowing your natural detoxification and repair systems to function efficiently, without causing undesirable side effects.
How to Support Your Body’s Detoxification Pathways
To make the most of a detoxification program, specific lifestyle modifications can also be helpful:
1. Exercise: our bodies are designed for regular physical activity. Regular exercise supports detoxification by allowing the lymphatic system to carry toxins and wastes out of the body. You should aim for 30-40mins of moderate intensity aerobic exercise 3 – 4 x week.
2. Avoid Recreational Drugs: Recreational drugs (including cigarettes and alcohol) interfere with your detoxification processes and should be avoided to ensure you get the most out of yoour detoxification program.
3. Drink Pure Water: One of the easiest ways to improve your detoxification capacity is to drink plenty of water. Ideally the water should be filtered and you should aim to drink at least 2L of water per day, or more if it is hot or when you are exercising.
4. Detoxify Your Environment: Your home and work can be major sources of toxins. Try to eliminate or minimise your use of chemical cleaning products (vinegar, bi-carb and other natural cleaning products are suitable alternatives), antiperspirants with aluminium, pesticides, petrochemicals, paints, solvents and hair spray.
5. Avoid Toxic Emotions and Stress: How you think and feel can profoundly influence your health. Choose to be positive, optimistic and focussed on improving your health. if you have a majr stress in your life, enlisting the support of others to help can be useful. If you have lots of little stressors, practising a relaxation technque like yoga, tai chi or meditation may be helpful.
6. Dry Skin Brushing: Your skin is a major organ of elimination. Dead skin cells can accumulate and prevent the skin being able to remove toxins effectively. Before you shower, spend 5 – 10 minutes with a firm bristled brush or loofah brushing the skin of the arms, legs and back briskly in the direction of the heart.
7. Spa Treatments and Massage: Many health spas offer treatments such as saunas, hydrotherapy baths, marine algae wraps, skin exfoliation and mud treatments. Massage techniques may accelerate detoxification, particularly lymphatic drainage. These treatments have a long traditional use for detoxification and will certainly leave you feeling relaxed and stress free.